Thursday, December 21, 2006

Creativity Embodied

In todays New York Times, by Penelope Green:

"Studies are piling up that show that messy desks are the vivid signatures of people with creative, limber minds (who reap higher salaries than those with neat “office landscapes”) and that messy closet owners are probably better parents and nicer and cooler than their tidier counterparts. It’s a movement that confirms what you have known, deep down, all along: really neat people are not avatars of the good life; they are humorless and inflexible prigs, and have way too much time on their hands."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/21/garden/21mess.html?_r=1&8dpc&oref=slogin

I think I will be smiling all day.

And my house is significantly cleaner than it was a few days ago. I DO need to finish cleaning the liiving room and get my Christmas decorations up, however......

4 comments:

Emano said...

If your house is cleaner, does that mean you are not as nice and cool as you once were?

H said...

I guess not, though it is still much more of the cool and creative side than rigid and unfriendly.

Skywolf said...

My desk permanently looks like a bomb site. I am glad to know that this is actually a good thing. :)

Ata said...

Well, I know that when I'm cleaning up, I certainly FEEL less calm and flexible. And I'm definately less friendly.