Saturday, February 24, 2007

Weird things Meme

Hmmm.... A meme, as I have just been told, is "In Blogspeak, a meme is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog, like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs." So I am supposed to write ten weird things about me. And Titletroubles says I have to surprise her with at least one. There are of course more than 10, these are just the ones that occurred to me first.

1. I am weirdly strong.

2. Unlike my contemporaries, I seem to have avoided all kinds of physical and mental issues like PMS, bad feet, bad joints, phobias, issues with depression, major allergies, bad back, digestive issues, hypoglycemia... I can not eat for days without feeling icky. When I hear the litany of can’t do this’s and that’s from others I am just puzzled. Maybe I’m a Cylon (though I rarely catch colds etc either).

3. I can drink an entire bottle of wine in an evening with no ill effect, though that is something I very rarely do.

4. I have had 35 cats, and no it is not that unpleasant, though less is a lot easier. (I do not have so many cats now)

5. I used to stand on the outside ledges of my 3rd floor apartment windows to clean the windows when I lived in New York City. We had ten foot ceilings and it was actually 4 floors down to the street, so it was high above pavement.

6. I can see a little ways into the supposedly invisible to human UV spectrum, yet have a hard time telling some shades of navy blue from black, a peculiar allele of blue-sensitive receptor I suppose.

7. Though I like sex quite well indeed, I think I found my virginity decades ago.

8. Long empty well-lit corridors often make me want to do cartwheels down their length, and I have never been able to do cartwheels.

9. I strongly dislike the color yellow.

10. When I was a child I ate sand from the playground, and peeled gum off the sidewalk and chewed it.

Ok, will that do?

And, I am tagging (with permission) Emano.

3 comments:

Emano said...

#10 must account for #2.

I'm intrigued by #6.

Skywolf said...

I'm intrigued by #7... ;)

Emano said...

*blushes*