Sunday, April 29, 2007

Things to Do

It has been a looong time since I posted. I get very very busy in the end of Spring term, many high workload classes, many students, not enough sleep. When I do have or make a little downtime, I want to do something mindless.

But.... after seeing a list, originally from a Visa ad of things to do before you die, I started thinking of a things to do list. I found that it was easy to think of places I would like to go. I often get very wanderlusty at the end of Spring term, let me go! This term I have skipped the end of the season cat shows due to infectious agents in my household (a pity as I was showing a very hot show-cat) so I haven’t even had my usual long drives off to the shows recently. So I immediately thought of revisiting wonderful places I’ve been, such as Alaska, Paris, the Orkney Islands, as well as places I have never been that appeal to me such as Prague, Moscow, Tokyo, in fact whole countries such as Japan, India, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, and Thailand.

But in truth when I think of actual goals it shakes out quite differently. So here is a list of things I would like to do in a time frame of perhaps many years in some cases, but doable things that are important to me (in no particular order):

• Have my entire house clean enough, organized enough, decorated and fixed up enough that I would be happy showing it off to people.

• Get a grant funded by the NIH or NSF or other funding agency, sufficient to support a technician and/or PhD and/or Post-Doc student and truly get my research moving better.

• Publish my pombe data

• Lose 30 or 40 lbs

• Get the S. c. data finished enough and together enough to publish, and have it published.

• Sell my beaded jewelry at a craft fair.

• Publish a poem.

• Have a cat of my own breeding earn an International Win.

• Get back into ceramics again

• Get the Cell Disruptor that I want.

• Throw myself a big party on my next birthday, which might require the first thing on the list.



Hmmm... I'd better get to work

1 comment:

Emano said...

If it's a big party, it could be anywhere. But if it gives you motivation for #1, more power to you.

You do beaded jewelry? Could your blogging public see some? Please?